Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Challenge

Too long between posts and I'm ready to get back into quilting mode..I am finding it hard to find my mojo as I am also between projects with 2 or 3 waiting in the wings, having bought fabric for quilts over time.
Work for the year is behind me so have time to let my hobby back into my life.
Our local monthly Patchwork group has a fabric challenge due at the end of November so I'm starting now cause we all know how time gets when The C word is in the air..Christmas!!
It's a long 1/8th I think and not the easiest of fabrics to try and match other colours with..green and patterned.
Also there are NO rules which makes it harder in a way not to have parameters but I don't want to just make something to be put away and not used.
I have found a pattern for a cushion and some fabrics in my stash that work with it pretty well.
Have struggled with imagination as to what to make but my mother wants a cushion and has a green lounge suite. I have some fabric left over from when it was made which will form the back..just in case she wants to turn it over and hide my front of the cushion!!

 

Am able to get back top my local group sewing day on Friday this week so if I don't get any cutting done before then I'll take it to make a start.
The challenge fabric is the green in the centre. The black dotted fabric has the same green in it. The others are just what I've found.
See said it was tricky!! Yesss....Maybe I'd better have a look for another green to work with it on Friday.
Til then and perhaps some progress photos..bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment